Busy is good.
All kinds of crazy things are happening over here at NF Headquarters these days, so I figured today would be a great opportunity to bring you up to date: t-shirts, warrior dashes, my hectic life, and more info about the NF Rebel Fitness Guide (not fully operational).
Nerd Fitness T-Shirts!
After months of planning and 80,000 hours spent in design (not really), I’m ready to unveil the first official Nerd Fitness t-shirt!? Purdy, ain’t she?? I wanted to keep things basic, understated, and still remain kick-ass.? My initial plan was to go through a fulfillment company that would handle everything other than design for me.? Unfortunately, I couldn’t find a place that didn’t have unreasonably high prices, which doesn’t work for me or for you.? Here’s the new plan:
- Plan A: order a few dozen t-shirts at a time through a local printer here in Atlanta
- Plan B: order them from my back-up printer online if Plan A falls through
Once I actually have the shirts in hand, I’ll be sending them out via the Pony Express (that still exists, right?) whenever I get a few orders.? This really isn’t the most efficient way to do things, but it’s absolutely the most cost-effective way for me to handle things to start.
How Much? I haven’t determined the final price yet, have to wait on Plan A or Plan B, but I’m guessing it’s going to be something like 20 bucks with free-shipping – I just want to keep things simple.? I’d love to be able to charge less, but at the moment I just can’t afford to order in mass quantity yet.
Plans? Hopefully by next week I should be able to start accepting pre-orders (would help me with ordering if I knew your size and if you were ready to put up the 20 bucks to buy one).
Other Designs? Don’t worry – this is just the beginning.? I definitely plan on creating other shirts down the road too, this is just the one that will get the ball rolling.
Remember a few months back when I announced that my friends and I were all going to compete in the Southeastern Warrior Dash on May 22nd? Well, I’m getting close to announcing our official plans on how we plan to make complete asses of ourselves and raise some money for a great cause! Expect a full-blown announcement on Monday, but it’ll be something like this:
- Steve announces fundraiser for kick-ass charity
- Steve announces the amount of money he’d like to raise, broken down into 5 levels.
- Steve announces 5 awesome/ridiculous costumes.
- Depending on the amount of money raised for said charity, Steve and his friends will wear the awesome/ridiculous costume that corresponds to that amount.
- Everybody wins.
Sounds like this race is going to be a LOT of fun, and I HATE running!? Plus, it’s for a cause that I think everybody will have no problem supporting.? Monday people, monday!
NF Message Boards
In the six weeks since officially launching the Nerd Fitness Message Boards, we’ve had 2500+ posts, 325+ topics, and 185+ members join.? It’s honestly one of the coolest things I’ve ever been a part of – nerds helping nerds, people answering each others questions, offering up encouragement, engaging in debate, and holding each other accountable for reaching their goals.
I’d like to draw your attention to my favorite post from this past week, written by DanBell.? He makes a great point that we’re all different kinds of nerds (hell, even the “cool kids” are nerds on the inside) and we’re all just trying to become better people.? I know these boards have helped me improve my life, and I know they’re helping others do the same.
If you haven’t signed up and and want to join the conversation, we’d love to have you.
Other News and Notes
Here’s what else is going on in my life:
- I updated the About page here on the site. Check it out, and you can see a picture of me with a poodle for some reason, my favorite movie, tv shows, desired super powers, some of my hobbies, and why I got this site started.? Good times!
- I finished filming all of the exercises for the NF Rebel Fitness Guide. Writing for the guide is progressing slower than I had expected, but I’m still plugging away.? I’m hoping it will be ready to go by next month!
- I started my online $100 small business seminar with Chris Guillebeau and Pam Slim on Monday! I’m really looking forward to learning from these two how to successfully launch the fitness guide, develop a good system for selling t-shirts, and have a good direction for redesigning the website.
- I’ll be spending my birthday in the Bahamas – two of my best friends from college are getting married on Harbour Island in the Bahamas on June 19th, which happens to also be my birthday!? A big group of my friends rented a house there for half a week, and I couldn’t be more excited.
- I’m writing like crazy – I have a few guest posts in the works for some other websites, I have my next few article ideas lined up for this site, and I’m hauling ass to finish up this Fitness Guide.
How Are You?
So that’s my life – very busy, very short on sleep, and very happy.
How are you?? What’s going on in your world?? Any interest in a t-shirt?
If you want to stay up to date on all rebellion news, please sign up for the RSS Feed of Nerd Fitness, get NF posts via email, or join the kick-ass conversation over on the Nerd Fitness Message Boards!