“Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies!
Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes… The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice,
Dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!”
Okay, so maybe things aren’t THAT crazy, but these lines from Ghostbusters sum up perfectly how the inside of my brain feels like right now.? I’m currently in Cape Cod, MA, after having spent two months bouncing around Europe like a madman, successfully wrapping up my 35,000 mile trip all over the world.? This upcoming Monday and the days leading up to it are going to be one of the most exciting, stressful, and chaotic days in NF history.
- We’re launching the Rebel Running Guide, a beginners guide to running, covering pretty much every freaking topic and answering every question you’d have about getting started with running.
- We’re FINALLY launching Nerd Fitness hoodies, after talking about them for 10 freaking months.
- We’re working on an updated storefront for all of this stuff, bringing a little bit of class to our growing Rebellion here.
Today’s post is going to cover all of this stuff, so if you have no interest in these things, check back next Thursday when things return to normal – thanks for reading!
The Rebel Running Guide
I’m sure this will come as a surprise to absolutely nobody, but Jason and I managed to create a guide that was wayyyy longer, more involved, and extensive than I had initially planned.? Who’s crazy enough to write a book while living out of a backpack, sleeping on trains, and visiting a new city in a foreign country practically ever day?? This guy.
So, here’s what we have in the guide, in 35,000+ words:
Rebel Running Guide
- 100+ pages on everything you need to know about running
- How to get started if you are a total newbie
- Proper running technique (with videos) to remain injury free
- Common injuries: how to prevent them and how to deal with them
- How to adjust based on running surface
- Tips and tricks for running in any weather
- Barefoot running: good idea or bad idea?
- Running myths debunked
- Which shoes to buy for your particular situation.
- How to safely move to thinner and less supportive shoes (deluxe version)
Rebel Running Diet
- 70+ pages on eating properly
- The Nerd Fitness diet philosophy
- How should your diet change as a runner?
- The Glycemic Index and Glycemic Load, and how to use them to your advantage
- How to time your meals for minimal weight gain and maximal performance.
- How to eat for performance if you are a Vegan or Veggie, or just not interested in the Paleo Lifestyle
Rebel Running Workouts
- FOUR complete 10-week, daily workout plans for a runner of any level: Rookie, Recruit, Rebel, Elite
- Optimized to get you in peak condition for your 5k race
- Three different levels of core workouts, along with proper warm up and cool down routines (with video)
- Additional workouts: for competitive 5k runners and 10k runners (deluxe version)
Rebel Race Domination
- How to get started by selecting your first 5k
- How to properly prepare for your race
- What to eat the day before, night before, and morning of the race
- How to warm up properly before the race
- How to be successful during the race and finish strong
- What to do when you get a cramp!
- What to do after a race in order to kick start the recovery process
Rebel Adventure Racing
- Differences between normal 5ks and adventure 5ks
- How to adjust your training style for an adventure 5k
- Pictures and descriptions of obstacles that you’ll encounter
- Tips on how to practice and prepare for these obstacles
- Tips and tricks to get a leg up on the competition
Add in some audio interviews with a few running buddies…AND MORE! (don’t they always say that at the end of things like this?)
So there you have it! the Rebel Running Guide will go on sale on Monday, September 26th, for an introductory price of
$39 $29, or $49 $39 for the deluxe version.?
And yeah, just like last time, we’re gonna do another epic contest (similar to this one) to coincide with this ebook launch.? We’re adding last minute things now, so expect full details on Monday.
Thursday at midnight, I’ll turn into a pumpkin and…wait, wrong problem.? Thursday at midnight EST, the prices will go up to the normal prices of $39 and $49 for the two versions of the guide.
As always, it’ll come with a 100% money-back guarantee.? If after 30 days you decide it’s not for you, I’ll refund 100% of your money and help you find another program that will work for you – ultimately my goal is to make you a healthier person, and a stronger runner in any way possible.? If it’s not this guide, then we’ll figure out what’s best for you.
Jason from StrengthRunning and I have busted our butts putting this book together, and we’re excited to help folks all over the world have fun running a 5k and remain injury free.? Hopefully you’ll check it out and get some cool results.
Nerd Fitness Hoodies
Good lord!? I started talking about NF hoodies way back in like January I think.? Well, after months and months of back and forth, about fifty different samples, and so on, I’m finally ready to start taking orders on hoodies!
We’ll be offering two different styles: a zip up and a pull over (which caused the hold-up)
The zip up is an American Apparel fleece-lined zip-up hoodie.? I wore it every day while in Ireland (mostly because it was cold and rainy every day), but I really love how it turned out.
NF logo on the front, “level up your life” down the sleeve, and a tiny logo and URL hidden underneath the hood on the back.
It’s comfy as heck.? Trust me on this.
Now, if you’re more of a pullover hoodie guy/gal, we got you covered there too.?
Printed on heavy duty, super soft and comfy Gildan sweatshirts, the NF pullover hoodie (as seen here modeled by rebel/badass Staci) will rock your face off while keeping you warm during these fall and winter months.
Big logo on the front, “Level up your life” down the sleeve, and tiny logo and URL under the hood on the back.
If you’re curious which one is better suited for you, I’ll have videos and high quality pictures of both on Monday so you can see for yourself.
I’m getting final numbers and amounts from my sweatshirt makers, so the exact price hasn’t been set yet.? They’ll be priced somewhere in the $35-$40 range (plus a standard shipping fee).
I wanted sweatshirts that are high-quality, meet my standards, and will keep you warm during an epic outdoor winter workout – so I was willing to pay more for them.
Added bonus: these sweatshirts give you +5 attractiveness and +10 awesomeness. So yeah.
Now, I will be ordering these sweatshirts in bulk up front based on how the first few days of sales go, so when you order right away it might be a week or two until they are delivered – think of this like a presale.? Ordering them ahead of time will help me decide how many of each to order ahead of time, so thank you!
If you’re not cool with that, wait a few weeks until I have them in stock (probably middle of October) and order then!
The Chaos Continues
Starting Tuesday, I hit the road again for another few months of adventure – this is where I’ll be traveling to between now and the end of November: Washington, DC; Tampa, FL; Cozumel, Mexico; Anchorage, AK; Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; San Diego, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Las Vegas, NV; New York City, NY; San Juan, Puerto Rico…..on top of that I might also be going somewhere in South America, another trip to the Caribbean, and even spending a few weeks in Southern Africa.
My plan was to slow down and relax after my 9 months of travel, but it looks like that idea has gone right out the window.? Oh well, go hard or go home, right?
Before signing off today, I want to say thank you.? Whether or not you ever buy a single thing from this site, thank you for even taking the time to read.? I have so much fun writing articles, interacting with the AMAZING Nerd Fitness community on the message boards? (which puts a smile on my face every time I’m in there), and answering your emails or tweets.? I love being part of the Nerd Fitness Rebellion; I feel honored every day to wake up and help people live better lives.
So, thank you.? It means more to me than you’ll ever know.
For the Rebellion!